Friday, February 16, 2007

Overheard on the Web

Here are some comments on the Rankin tour from various discussion forums.


VANCOUVER
  • "Lots of foot stomping, lots of tears (at least from me and the lady I sat next to) The tribute in music to those lost was sooo heartwrenching."
  • "A big kudos to Molly Rankin, who seemed like she's been doing this for years. What a pro! I'm looking forward to hearing her debut album (There has to be one in the works...)"


VICTORIA
  • "They did a fantastic job of performing and also celebrating lives lost. As they tour across Canada you MUST go. Their new music is great and the energy soars!!!"


VERNON
  • "It's so surreal -- I didn't think we'd ever get a tour like this again!"

CALGARY
  • "I'm still on a high from the concert last night, it was a blast!!!"
  • "Cookie and Raylene had tears in their eyes by the end of the show, so I think they realized how much Calgary appreciated their visit. I was happiest about this because I am sure this gig was tough for them. I hope they enjoyed the show because we all did!"

WINNIPEG
  • "So this is what I saw tonight. I saw genuine passion! Human frailty; Sincere gratitude; Abundant Love; Ties that bind; Endless gifting; Enduring spirits; And family honor, which extends beyond the quintet, to the wonderful men handling the fine instrumentation for the evening. It was a tight show! Actually...it wasn't a show at all! It was a group of dear friends, with a great deal of love and respect for one another, sharing their love of music with a room full of very thankful, enthusiastic music lovers!"
  • "Molly Rankin is an exceptionally talented, and lovely lady! Her voice is very attractive and appealing, and the Rankin's really do beam with pride when she sings! And so they should!"

TORONTO
  • "If you can go see them on this tour, do anything you can to do it!!"
  • "The band looks great, sounded great and filled that room with the most glorious feeling. I'm still on a high. "
  • "...those voices and melodies would melt the hearts of anyone. I found the whole experience moving, exhilarating, foot-stomping--so many emotions."
  • "This was the first time I have ever seen them in concert.....and I was blown away! Not only do they put on a great show but they sound even better live."
HAMILTON
  • "Every song was played with precision, every note sang was perfect. The sound was amazing & the girls voices were heavenly."
St. John's NFLD
  • "I got to see the most amazing performance last night in St. John's. The show surpassed any expectations I had (and believe me my expectations were high). It was so great to see Molly perform; it was like she has always been part of the group. A truly memorable night!"

No comments: