Monday, February 5, 2007

Tough Gig...

Click on map for larger image

I'm a map technician and using the Rankin Family website was able to generate the above map showing the current tour. Keep in mind, this tour is/was 1 month long. Based on the map information, to hit these towns in the order they did would require 11,334 kilometers of bus travel! That is an insane schedule for 1 month.

On the day I posted this (Feb 5, 2007) the band is in the middle of 6 consecutive shows. Toronto (Feb 2 & 3) to Ottawa (Feb 7) with stops in London, Kitchener and Hamilton. They then have 1 day off and head to the Maritimes.

25 shows in 31 days in the middle of a frostbitten Canadian winter! I hope they have some energy left for the hometown shows.

On another note:

To anyone in the Canadian music industry...What you see above is a Cross-Canada-Tour. Vancouver to Montreal or Edmonton to Toronto is not a cross country tour.

(edit) Hmmm, I just noticed the tour skipped PEI & Quebec.
My apologies to music spokesweasels across Canada. I guess translating Gaelic into french might cause ones head to explode.

No comments: